Wednesday 7 January 2015

A (Log) Basket Case

You may wish to call me a little bit weedy in a moment, but quite frankly I'm cold. I was a little cold in November. Even with two Christmas jumpers on, I was cold in December. Now that it is January I'm flipping freezing. Here in Dorset we haven't even had any snow, yet each evening as the sun sets I dig out my fluffy grandpa slippers, put the kettle on the hob for a hot chocolate and light the log burner.

OK, now you can now call me weedy.

I don't mind. Honest.

Luckily my chore of keeping warm in front of the log burner each night, is aided by my trusty log basket. My log basket is rather a portly chap, finished in a mixture of unpeeled willow and buff willow, he carries a great deal of logs to and from my log store each day, ready for the roaring fire ahead. He also has the wonderful advantage of looking good when sat next to my fire, bulging with fire wood. 

Dorset Log Stores
The Shop Log Burner - Where You Will Find Me
Of course, my portly willow log basket isn't the only sort of log basket that Dorset Log Stores has to offer. In fact, here at DLS HQ we have a log basket to suit any living room. The ultra stylish and modern metal log holders, complete with soft grip lifting handles and sleek tree design cut out, is perfect for the modern minimalist household. Rattan log baskets have that simple natural look about them, so evocative of a slowly ebbing fire in a country cottage, while the Canvas Carrying Log Bag, is a simple, very tough bag, perfect for ferrying in smaller quantities of logs for putting next to the fireplace (with the advantage that when it's not in use it can be folded up and put out of sight).


Whilst Dorset Log Stores has a whole range of log baskets (and many more than the few mentioned in this Blog) unfortunately what we don't provide is the courage to go out into the cold to collect the firewood from your log store. But, if you're looking for a wicker, rattan or metal log basket to go next to the fire and make the job of lugging all those logs in of an evening easier, then Dorset Log Stores has just the one to look perfect next to your fire.

Equally, if you happen to be passing, why not stop by our shop and have a look at our wonderful range of log baskets and fireside accessories, while warming yourself next to the log burner, that's where I'll be.

If you would like to speak to a member of our team why not leave a comment or call us on 01300 345916.


Thanks for Reading
James



No comments:

Post a Comment