Wednesday 21 January 2015

The Big Garden Bird Watch

Bird Tables from Dorset Log Stores
Teak Surrey Bird Table
This coming weekend will see my nose firmly pressed up against the glass of the conservatory window, pen and clipboard in hand, ready for the 2015 RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch. Minor ornithologist that I am, i.e I enjoy staring at the window watching the blue tits and sparrows while I should be working, I have partaken in this wild bird census for the last few years, and have recorded the visitors to our corner of Dorset diligently.

In preparation for making sure that my bird watching would be successful, I have been paying some attention to my two bird tables today. Giving them a good scrub and clean off to make sure that they are as inviting as possible for the little feathery friends that frequent my garden.

Dorset Log Stores sell beautiful bird tables, made in the finest quality teak, coming in two simple and elegant designs, the Surrey and the Sussex bird tables. Made by Westminster teak, renowned for their quality teak furniture, these bird tables are made from sustainable sources. Complete with a drainage hole in the feeding plinth, these bird tables look wonderful in the garden as the wild birds flutter to and fro.

Dorset Log Stores Garden bird Boxes
Kent Bird House
If you are looking to attract more birds to your garden in the long term, you will want to hang one of our superb teak bird houses. With the same simple classic designs and superb quality, the bird boxes come in two varieties. The Kent Bird House is designed for fixing to a wall, fence or tree and also comes with a large side door for doing the annual clean. The Devon Bird House is a solid bird house, that arrives with a bracket, for placing on aaccess door for cleaning out the bird box at the end of the season and is a bird house to be seen and not hidden in a tree. Both Teak Bird Houses will be great for attracting many birds to your garden in the following years.
wall or fence. It equally comes with an


With my preparations done, my bird tables cleaned and stocked with feeds and my binoculars firmly pressed to the bridge of my nose, I am all ready for this weekends RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch. All that is left is to make a flask of tea.

If you would like to talk to us about our bird tables why not leave a comment below or phone 01300 345916 to speak to a member of the Dorset Log Stores team.


Thanks for Reading
James

No comments:

Post a Comment